In today’s video, we’ll show you how to create roll-up summary fields in Salesforce. Roll-up summary fields are available on the master side of a master-detail relationship. With these types of fields, you can count the number of detail records, or calculate the sum, minimum value, or maximum value. To create a roll-up summary field in Salesforce, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to Setup.
2. Now navigate to Object Manager.
3. Select the master object that you want the roll-up summary field to be displayed on.
4. Select Fields & Relationships from the left sidebar, then select New.
5. From the list of field types, select Roll-Up Summary, then Next.
6. Now enter the label for the field, and select Next.
7. For the Summarized object, select the object you’d like to summarize. Additionally, select what type of calculation you want to use, as well as what field should be aggregated.
8. Select Next, then Save.
For more educational videos be sure to subscribe to our Youtube channel. or subscribe to our blog to receive weekly updates on the Salesforce topics you want to hear about. If you still need assistance with your Salesforce org, feel free to reach out to us. We can provide a free consultation or discuss our Salesforce implementation and consultation services.
We’re an Austin-based Salesforce Consulting Partner, with a passion and belief that the Salesforce platform’s capabilities can help businesses run more efficiently and effectively. Whether you are just getting started with Salesforce or looking to realize its full potential, Roycon specializes in Salesforce Implementations, Salesforce Ongoing Support, and Salesforce Integrations, and Development. We’re the certified partner to guide the way to increase Salesforce Adoption, make strategic decisions, and build your Salesforce Roadmap for success.