In today’s video, we’re going to show you how to Schedule Data Exports in Salesforce. This is particularly useful if you’re looking to keep regular backup data from your org. You can do this every 29 days, but depending on your edition you may also have access to a weekly export. You’ll also need the Weekly Data Export permission. To Schedule Data Exports in Salesforce, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to Setup.
2. In the Quick Find Box, type and select ‘Data Export.’
3. You’ll have the option to either select ‘Export Now’ or ‘Schedule Export.’ Select ‘Schedule Export.’
4. Pick which encoding you want for your export.
5. Now there will be several checkboxes with options, You can select the option to include images, documents and attachments and include Salesforce Files and Salesforce CRM Content document versions if you’ll need these for your backup.
6. Depending on how you want your export formatted, you can also select Replace carriage returns with spaces.
7. Next, determine the time and frequency of your export. It is highly recommended that you schedule this at a time where other jobs are not concurrently running.
8. Now either select what you would like in your export, or select Include all data, then Select Save.
For more educational videos be sure to subscribe to our Youtube channel. or subscribe to our blog to receive weekly updates on the Salesforce topics you want to hear about. If you still need assistance with your Salesforce org, feel free to reach out to us. We can provide a free consultation or discuss our Salesforce implementation and consultation services.
Julie Anna Contino
Julie Anna is a junior developer with a passion for learning and problem-solving. She graduated with a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and has four years of development experience. She's excited to be a part of the Salesforce ecosystem and combine her previous experience with her passion for helping clients thrive.
We’re an Austin-based Salesforce Consulting Partner, with a passion and belief that the Salesforce platform’s capabilities can help businesses run more efficiently and effectively. Whether you are just getting started with Salesforce or looking to realize its full potential, Roycon specializes in Salesforce Implementations, Salesforce Ongoing Support, and Salesforce Integrations, and Development. We’re the certified partner to guide the way to increase Salesforce Adoption, make strategic decisions, and build your Salesforce Roadmap for success.