In this video, we’re going to look at the Mass Delete Records option in the Salesforce Setup menu. With this feature, you can mass delete
accounts, leads, activities, contacts, cases, solutions, products, and reports, and up to 250 items can be deleted at one time. This tool is ideal
if you’re looking to clean up your data, remove some excess public reports that are no longer in use or even undo an import that was unsuccessful.
Especially since we’re dealing with deleting data, be sure to check the Salesforce documentation before using this tool for any considerations you may need to know about before using this feature in your org. For example, you should know that when records are deleted using this tool, any associated records
that display on that record’s related lists will also be deleted. And as always, be sure to back up your data before using this tool.
To use Mass Delete Records in Salesforce, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to Setup.
2. In the Quick Find box, type Mass Delete Records and select it.
3. A list will appear with what records are available to delete. In this example, we’ll select leads.
4. In the first step, Salesforce will tell you exactly what data will be deleted by this process, and where it will go. In this case, we know that any activities associated with the Leads we’re deleting will also be deleted. And once it’s deleted, it will be in the Recycle Bin.
5. Now, enter the criteria for which you want leads to be deleted. In this example, we’re going to remove our Web Leads with the status of Working-Contacted.
6. Select the Search button to double-check your work. At this point, Salesforce will tell you if you’ve made an error in your criteria, and it will show you which records you’re about to delete.
7. Finally, Salesforce provides an option to Permanently delete the selected records, meaning you won’t be able to recover them from the Recycle Bin.
8. When you’re all set, select Delete.
For more educational videos be sure to subscribe to our Youtube channel, or subscribe to our blog to receive weekly updates on the Salesforce topics you want to hear about. If you still need assistance with your Salesforce org, feel free to reach out to us. We can provide a free consultation or discuss our Salesforce implementation and consultation services.
We’re an Austin-based Salesforce Consulting Partner, with a passion and belief that the Salesforce platform’s capabilities can help businesses run more efficiently and effectively. Whether you are just getting started with Salesforce or looking to realize its full potential, Roycon specializes in Salesforce Implementations, Salesforce Ongoing Support, and Salesforce Integrations, and Development. We’re the certified partner to guide the way to increase Salesforce Adoption, make strategic decisions, and build your Salesforce Roadmap for success.