In today’s video, we’re going to show you how to monitor API usage in Salesforce. Knowing when your API usage is about to exceed its limit is crucial for your org’s operations, but luckily we can automate notifications for when we’re hitting those limits. To monitor API usage in Salesforce, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to Setup.
2. In the Quick Find Box, type and select API Usage Notifications.
3. From here, you can view all notifications, or create a custom view to narrow them down.
4. To create a new notification, select New.
5. Select who should be notified when the notification kicks off.
6. Now select the threshold at which the notification should be sent – in other words, what percent of usage must be met for the notification to be sent.
7. Finally, select the notification interval. Should the threshold be met more than once in this timeframe, the notification will be sent only once.
8. Select Save.
For more educational videos be sure to subscribe to our Youtube channel. or subscribe to our blog to receive weekly updates on the Salesforce topics you want to hear about. If you still need assistance with your Salesforce org, feel free to reach out to us. We can provide a free consultation or discuss our Salesforce implementation and consultation services.
We’re an Austin-based Salesforce Consulting Partner, with a passion and belief that the Salesforce platform’s capabilities can help businesses run more efficiently and effectively. Whether you are just getting started with Salesforce or looking to realize its full potential, Roycon specializes in Salesforce Implementations, Salesforce Ongoing Support, and Salesforce Integrations, and Development. We’re the certified partner to guide the way to increase Salesforce Adoption, make strategic decisions, and build your Salesforce Roadmap for success.