In today’s video, we’re going to show you how to create validation rules in Salesforce. Validation rules are an effective way of keeping your Salesforce
data clean. With validation rules, the criteria written will evaluate as true or false. So if a user attempts to enter data that does not meet the rule’s
criteria, the user will not be able to proceed until they make the advised changes to correct the entered data. Here’s how you can create
validation rules in Salesforce:
1. Navigate to Setup.
2. Now, go to Object Manager and select the object you’d like to create validation rules for.
3. In the left-hand menu, select Validation Rules.
4. Now select New.
5. Now we’re going to write a condition for our validation rule. You’ll notice this is a similar practice to creating formulas.
6. We’re also going to add an error message, so the user understands what changes need to be made to save the record.
7. Use the check syntax button to verify that your validation rule is syntactically correct, then once you’re done, select save.
Now we can test this rule by navigating to the object and attempting to create a new record. If the record passes the criteria, it will go through.
But if it doesn’t, we should see the record fail to save and the error message appears.
For more educational videos be sure to subscribe to our Youtube channel. or subscribe to our blog to receive weekly updates on the Salesforce topics you want to hear about. If you still need assistance with your Salesforce org, feel free to reach out to us. We can provide a free consultation or discuss our Salesforce implementation and consultation services.
Julie Anna Contino
Julie Anna is a junior developer with a passion for learning and problem-solving. She graduated with a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and has four years of development experience. She's excited to be a part of the Salesforce ecosystem and combine her previous experience with her passion for helping clients thrive.
We’re an Austin-based Salesforce Consulting Partner, with a passion and belief that the Salesforce platform’s capabilities can help businesses run more efficiently and effectively. Whether you are just getting started with Salesforce or looking to realize its full potential, Roycon specializes in Salesforce Implementations, Salesforce Ongoing Support, and Salesforce Integrations, and Development. We’re the certified partner to guide the way to increase Salesforce Adoption, make strategic decisions, and build your Salesforce Roadmap for success.