In today’s video, we’re going to show you how to create custom buttons and links in Salesforce. This customization is a great way to align your org with its business needs by making links, reports, data, and more easily accessible with one click. They can be used for both list view pages and detail pages, and you can use formulas within your customization as well. In order to create custom buttons and links in Salesforce, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to Setup.
2. Go to Object Manager, then the object you want the button or link to live on.
3. Select Buttons, Links, and Actions, then click New Button or Link.
4. Give your button a name.
5. Select the display type. You can select a Detail Page Link, a Detail Page Button, or a List Button.
6. Paste your URL into the formula editor. If you’re working with a custom link, you can also use merge fields.
7. Select Save and OK.
8. Now select Page Layouts, and the page layout you want to add the custom button or link to.
9. Select Buttons or Custom Links, then drag your new item onto the page layout where you want it.
10. Select Save. Now, when you go to that page layout, you can use your new custom button or link.
For more educational videos be sure to subscribe to our Youtube channel. or subscribe to our blog to receive weekly updates on the Salesforce topics you want to hear about. If you still need assistance with your Salesforce org, feel free to reach out to us. We can provide a free consultation or discuss our Salesforce implementation and consultation services.
Julie Anna Contino
Julie Anna is a junior developer with a passion for learning and problem-solving. She graduated with a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and has four years of development experience. She's excited to be a part of the Salesforce ecosystem and combine her previous experience with her passion for helping clients thrive.
We’re an Austin-based Salesforce Consulting Partner, with a passion and belief that the Salesforce platform’s capabilities can help businesses run more efficiently and effectively. Whether you are just getting started with Salesforce or looking to realize its full potential, Roycon specializes in Salesforce Implementations, Salesforce Ongoing Support, and Salesforce Integrations, and Development. We’re the certified partner to guide the way to increase Salesforce Adoption, make strategic decisions, and build your Salesforce Roadmap for success.