In today’s video, we’re going to show you how to add users in Salesforce. This is a core part of the admin role, but also a simple process. To add users in Salesforce, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to Setup.
2. In the Quick Find Box, type and select Users.
3. Select New User. Alternatively, you can add multiple users at one time (up to 10).
4. Enter the user’s name and e-mail address. By default, the username will be the email address, but you can update this if your org uses different naming conventions.
5. Now select the license from the dropdown. A user’s license determines which profiles will be selectable for the user.
6. You’ll also need to select a role, which determines the hierarchy.
7. Now select a profile from the dropdown.
8. Select the checkbox Generate passwords and notify user via email. This will send a temporary password to the user.
9. Select Save.
For more educational videos be sure to subscribe to our Youtube channel. or subscribe to our blog to receive weekly updates on the Salesforce topics you want to hear about. If you still need assistance with your Salesforce org, feel free to reach out to us. We can provide a free consultation or discuss our Salesforce implementation and consultation services.
Julie Anna Contino
Julie Anna is a junior developer with a passion for learning and problem-solving. She graduated with a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and has four years of development experience. She's excited to be a part of the Salesforce ecosystem and combine her previous experience with her passion for helping clients thrive.
We’re an Austin-based Salesforce Consulting Partner, with a passion and belief that the Salesforce platform’s capabilities can help businesses run more efficiently and effectively. Whether you are just getting started with Salesforce or looking to realize its full potential, Roycon specializes in Salesforce Implementations, Salesforce Ongoing Support, and Salesforce Integrations, and Development. We’re the certified partner to guide the way to increase Salesforce Adoption, make strategic decisions, and build your Salesforce Roadmap for success.