In today’s video, we’ll show you how to take advantage of inline editing in Salesforce. Let’s say you have a list view open and need to edit a field value on multiple records. It can be time-consuming to individually go into each record and update a value. But using list views, we can actually edit the fields we need for each record in that list view itself. This feature is called inline editing, and it’s a feature that must be enabled by your Salesforce admin. But once you have access, it’s incredibly useful for updating multiple records at once. Here’s how you can use inline editing in Salesforce:
1. After confirming access with your admin, navigate to or create a list view for the records you want to update.
2. If needed, select the cog in the right menu to select the fields you want to display or add any additional filters to narrow down the data you need to edit.
3. Now we can select the pencil icon to start editing the list. When selecting cells in your list view, you’ll notice the pencil icon and the ability to edit these items without leaving the screen.
4. Note that you can also use the checkboxes to the left to select several values, and when you select a field to update, you can also apply it to each record that was selected.
5. Once you’re done making edits, select Save.
Julie Anna Contino
Julie Anna is a junior developer with a passion for learning and problem-solving. She graduated with a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and has four years of development experience. She's excited to be a part of the Salesforce ecosystem and combine her previous experience with her passion for helping clients thrive.